Friday, March 19, 2010

The Opportunity of a Lifetime! (not really, but isn't it an appealing title?)

To all of my loyal, not-so-loyal, and somewhat disinterested followers:

I need your help. I am hoping to write my Masters Thesis on the social impact of blogs, mine in particular. I am looking to find whether political interest blogs can have an effect on personal opinion and if so, to what extent. I will continue blogging about my personal life, but will implement various political opinion pieces along the way, as I have been doing on occassion. The point is not to subliminally sneak my political ideology into your lives, but to use my blog as a forum to express my daily thoughts, because I'll be honest: I think about politics daily. Basically, my blog will continue to consist of my family events, thoughts and views with an editorial-style twist.

So, I'll get to the point: I am asking whether you would like to take part in my Thesis study. All you would have to do is fill out an anonimous survey, follow my blog somewhat regularly (once a week-ish), and then fill out another survey in a few months. The survey will consist of demographic/personal/political questions, but I assure you that it will be completely anonimous, if you so choose. In order for my research to be statistically significant, I need 100 participants. This may be a lofty goal, but if you want to help me, just spread the word! I promise I'll try to keep the political pieces interesting and humorous.

So, if you are interested in helping to further research on New Media, leave a comment on my blog or email me at stephcatudal@gmail.com

Thanks for reading!

20 comments:

  1. Hey I would LOVE to! I grew up with the puzey's and havent officially met you, but have heard great things about you! If you need anything else from me just e-mail me. sarajaneaz@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in! Hope all is well.

    itcouldbekevin@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. count me in! Reading your blogs is the only education I get lately!!! Love yo xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second that Rachel!! I always feel like I should go read a complicated book after your political posts in attempts to smarten up a bit. I'm on your list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to help! lyndsayjohnson@gmail.com

    Let me know if you want a free blog design, to boot!
    ~Lyndsay Johnson (signed in as my designer self)

    www.beautifymyblog.com
    www.manmadeblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in, Steph. I'll email you my email address.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am one of Rachel's friends and would love to participate! sachampion23@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would be glad to help:) my mail is oddny80@gmail.com

    Oddny

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm in. Go Steph! ebchamberlain@gmail.com

    And you should take up lyndsay's offer for a free blog design. She's really good.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. would love to! just let me know when and where and what. love ya two and am LOVING the falling in love story!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, I would love to help.

    Just a T.Riv friend from the CTM.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok Steph count me in too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. All the best Steph! Any help I can give...
    smcconway@yahoo.ca
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just found your blog and I'd be willing to help you out. messier.7@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would love to. Thanks. Beth T (a friend of Rach's in LA) beth_tait@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'll help out. Judy
    (I know your mother, sort of, through my research on the Catudal family lines.)
    judyschneider@gmx.net

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Steph!
    Here's the latest to jump on this bandwagon!

    It turns out that I'm also doing a study for my research methods class (I did a survey about the MBTI: the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator), so I know how difficult it could be to get 100 participants!

    Anyways, good luck with your project! =)
    -Nathan

    ReplyDelete