Monday, March 15, 2010

alice and 4 month checkup





Tonight Rivers and I went on our first post-baby date. Yeah, I know...It's a little late. But considering that it's only been 3 days since I've mustered the courage to move Harper's crib into her own room (so far, far away), I'm thinking it's not so ridiculous. We went to see Alice in Wonderland in 3-D, which was mediocre, and Jonny Depp wasn't hot, and the whole time I kept weighing the pros and cons of quickly leaving the theatre to get a Quizno's Turkey-Bacon "Bullet". Would I miss too much? Was there anything to miss? What if I missed the Cheshire cat popping out into the audience in all his 3-D glory like the previews had promised? What if the Mad Hatter ate some cake that magically turned him into the hot Johnny Depp that I know and love? All these questions were obviously much too pressing and, needless to say I came home hungry. Harper behaved well, and our babysitters were awesome. Everything went perfectly, but as I was brushing my teeth before bed, a sharp, sad pang pierced me like a vorpal sword: my shirt was clean. No vomit. No poop. No pee. No milk. And in that moment, I kinda felt less like a mom.

HARPER'S 4 MONTH CHECKUP UPDATE (I have to do this since I'm not keeping a baby book)

Weight: 15lbs 8 Oz
Head: 16.5 In (Is this some sort of Darwinish biological determinist junk? Do they still think that the bigger the head, the bigger the brain? If that's the case, go Ben Gurion)
Ready for solids: Yup
P.S This is Ben Gurion. See what I mean?

2 comments:

  1. you really should do a syndicated column--it would seel like hot tamales!!

    ReplyDelete