Friday, December 3, 2010

Nanny Sue

Having my mum come to visit is always a real treat. It's as thought she's the perfect roommate; she cleans up after herself (and me), she always takes the trash out, she cooks delicious meals and she is really good at entertaining herself. Just give my mum a sidewalk and a sleeping baby in a stroller and she can go off exploring for hours, giving me time to work on my thesis (or catch the finale of America's Next Top Model, which is equally important.)

Harper absolutely adores her. In fact, she's starting to walk to my mum for comfort instead of me (oh yeah, Harper's walking). A few months ago this may have worried me, but I know that once "Nanny" leaves, Harper will love me again. For now, it's so nice to watch her cling to her hot babe Grandma as they gallavant around Hawaii together, eating Frozen Yogurt, harvesting sea barnacles and other fun activites.

Having my mum here also makes me realize how much of a kid I still am. I love that she makes me lunch while being sure that all the food groups are on the plate. I love how she bugs me to go to the dentist. I love how she gives me disaproving looks when I finish my 3rd can of Diet Coke for the day. I love that she's making breakfast before I wake up, just like in High School. And most of all, I love how she kisses my cheek before going to bed.

Yup, I'm gonna miss that ol' Brit when she leaves on Tuesday. Kinda wish she could stay forever.





1 comment:

  1. It makes me very happy to know that someone else out there watches America's Next Top Model. I watch it on hulu, so I haven't seen the finale yet because they take forever to post the show. Aaarrgghh! So I don't know who wins yet!

    Oh, and last night, Rachel, Alli, and I had an entire conversation about how Harper is the cutest baby that has ever existed.

    ReplyDelete