Thursday, February 25, 2010

hey! remember when our family decided that hair wasn't cool anymore and you shaved your beard, i cut my hair off and harper decided to go bald?

There must be some innate hormonal change that occurs after giving birth which drives women to chop their hair off, no matter how sincerely they swore they would never go back to looking like a twelve year old boy as they did in high school after "the hair cutting incident" (yes I know this from experience.) A few weeks ago I woke up, looked at my lucious locks in the mirror and decided they needed to go. Of course I was hesitant, especially when thinking back on my 15th birthday and how I was dumped by David Bertrand merely days after getting my new shortened 'do. Coincidence? I think not. Then Harper discovered the joy of grabbing clumps of my hair in her little fist, and that sealed the deal. I spent a good hour looking for cool, un-"Utah Mormon mom" haircuts-upon Rivers' insistence-and found a few that I liked. I think the main reason I liked these hairstyles was because the model was pretty. I think us normal folk are disillusioned with the prospect of a new hair cut, thinking that if we bring in a picture of a hot woman with a decent hairstyle, the hairdresser will magically transform us into modelesque beauties. Not so. Still, I'm really digging my new coiff, which is pretty much the same as the old one, just 1.5 feet shorter (literally). I had really wanted to go all the way and cut it all off, but I chickened out as memories of tenth grade and being called "dude", "man" and "bro" just a little too often to be coincidental flashed through my head. Mabe next time...




Nope. Still don't look like her.

4 comments:

  1. is that the actress with the unusual name--I always thought you looked a lot like her!!Nice new 'do' Steph! Mind you--you'd look good no matter what was done to your hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph you look great as always! BUT your post has made me start to wonder if I'll be able to withstand that inkling in new moms to cut their hair once this babe comes out of me this summer. I too have ALWAYS vowed to never cut my hair short...even after kids. You look good though, my hair would just be a big fuzzball of poofiness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think better.... :) you look awesome and i'm sure it will be even better in like 2 weeks, cause that's how long it takes a haircut to feel normal! have fun with the rents in a week or two!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! I had a David Bertrand incident also! It was Jeff (I'll leave his last name out to protect him). I was a freshman in college. I chopped off all my hair and got a pixie-like haircut. A few days after my haircut, we broke up. I really believe it was me having short hair. Jerk. But then again, it was of course a good thing we broke up.

    I LOVE your hair cut! Looks so good! Gosh, makes me wanna chop off all mine. I love the celebrity photo you found of that chick. You really look great!

    ReplyDelete