Thursday, September 23, 2010

My Rockstar Recovery

I recently started teaching three classes at BYU-Hawaii for the International Peacebuilding certificate program. This, paired with a regrettably much-needed second job at the Coffee Gallery, a ten-month-old baby that has an affinity for placing perfectly chokable-sized objects in her mouth and a lovingly helpful yet very busy husband makes life pretty hectic. As a result, I am forced to interpret the WOW as I see fit by consuming all too many caffeinated (cold) drinks to enable the completion of class readings and homework corrections. Tonight the elixir of choice was "Rockstar: Energy + Hydration". Did it do the trick, you may ask? Well, let me answer that question by doing a double backflip, followed by a quick deep clean of my appartment and a resounding Oh-My-Goodness-YES!. The efficacy of said drink might also be manifest in the nature of this very blog itself; as I write about the Rockstar, my eyes jubilantly spring wide open even when willed shut.

Is this morally wrong? While you're deciding, let me distract you by showing you photos from this summer in Oregon.







See? I bet you even forgot what you were supposed to be making judgment upon.



Dangit.

5 comments:

  1. even though i get to see you most everyday, i still find myself a bit giddy with excitement every time you post something.
    and i'd have to agree with your mother... really? a double backflip?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's about the cutest, most in love picture I've ever seen of a couple . . . EVER! You guys are so cute. And you did make me forget about the drink with all the pictures, but then I thought, I should try this drink because there are so many days I can barely keep my eyes open and the drink might help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not only am I NOT judging you... I'm green with envy! With the dynamic duo of being pregnant & having Phil as my uber-healthy husband, I sense my adoration for these drinks are on indefinite hold:(

    ReplyDelete
  4. i LOVE your post. you always make me laugh with your wit and humor. love those pictures by the way.. i wonder who took them for you... :)! hope life finds some balance for you and the beautiful harpface and that hot honey of yours too! oh, and keep drinking... cause i like blog post and if thats what it takes, i'll send you a case! :)

    ReplyDelete