Saturday, June 12, 2010

Dear Researchees

I know I should be doing this in person, but what I'm about to tell you is just too difficult to express aloud. I just feel so awful and...well...It's over. Yes, I'm breaking up with you. No, no. Don't cry. Please. It will be okay, I promise (I'm wiping a tear from your cheek). And just so you know, it's not you, it's me.

After outlining the extent of our blogging relationship with my thesis advisor, we both realized that this cyber relationship just wouldn't work in the long run. Too many variables, too little theory, not enough statistically significant data. You know how it goes. We just weren't meant to be.

I'm sorry I led you on for so long, thinking that this might actually flourish into something great. Believe me, I thought the same thing. But it looks like we'll just have to go our seperate ways. Thanks for all the people you introduced me to, and for making me beautiful (ahem, Lyndsay Johnson.) But this doesn't have to be the definitive end. Like any good ex-lover, you can still stalk me by reading my blog. I'll even start writing about politics again, and we can just have a casual relationship, no strings attached.

Again, I'm so sorry for leading you on. Please don't forget about me.

Love always,

Steph

6 comments:

  1. I'll still read your blog, Steph. But thanks for wiping that tear off my face. There were no tissues around so it helped. And again, I know I always say it, but you crack me up. I loved this "break-up" letter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear she left us for Jack Bauer... is this TRUE?!?! I know he's the man of the universe and all, but that cuts to the heart. (I hear good things about your paper though...good luck & I'd love to read it when finished)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear she left us for Jack Bauer... is this TRUE?!?!? I mean I know he's the man of the universe and all, but that cuts to the heart. (I hear good things about your paper though and would love to read it when it's finished)

    ReplyDelete