Tuesday, June 22, 2010

crawling...

Now that Harper is officially mobile, I’m quickly learning the importance of cleanliness. From my bird’s eye view, the floors look spick ‘n span. Then I see Harper inspecting a treasure she’s gathered off the ground. It’s a dead cockroach. So out comes the broom, and it seems it has to be that way every hour. Harper has an impressive way of finding the strangest, smallest things throughout the house as she happily crawls around; lint, old pieces of boiled carrot, bird feathers, dead moths, used tissue, etc. She seems very pleased with her new found independence, and loves to journey into all the off-limit objects, corners and crevasses that she must have been longing to explore all these months. Yesterday I ran to the loo for a quick minute and came back to find her surrounded by a pile of previously-unopened baby wipes and diapers with Desitin all over her face. Maybe I should have been upset, but she looked so content amongst the array of baby paraphenalia that I let her be for a while, cream and all.

Crawling definitely makes my job more difficult, but if she’s happy, I’m happy. Unless she’s happy eating a dead cockroach.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yeas--the crawling at lighteng speed stage!!Its amazing how much territory babies can cover!!Time to baby proof the house--and block the stairs!!Does she stand up against furniture???

    ReplyDelete