Monday, May 17, 2010

Harper Update

When I think about her, it's hard to believe that Harper is already 6 months old. Then I look at her ample fat rolls, hear her babbling squeels, and feel her hands curiously searching the topography of my face and realize that she's no longer the tiny, helpess baby she once was. I feel like such a cliched mom by saying this, but they really do grow up so fast, don't they? At her 6 month check-up, Harper weighed in at a wopping 18.7 lbs and measured 26 inches. Yeah, big girl. The doctor said that she's a bit "sobrepreso" (overweight). What are you supposed to do when you a have a fat baby, anyways? Deny her her precious rice cereal? No, I think I'll keep her fat (at least for now, while it's still cute.) She's in the process of growing 2 teeth, sits up well and kind of crawls backwards. Okay, maybe we can't quite call it "crawling" yet, but she can wiggle her way around pretty well. She's obsessed with Baby Einstein shows which we slyly watch on youtube because we're too broke to buy the real thing. Harper doesn't know the difference. As soon as the theme song comes on, she gets a huge smile on her face and does one of her angry-sounding happy shrieks. It's really cute. We've watched 'Baby Animals' so often that the songs are forever on repeat in my head. While out on the field training, I was singing the "Animals in the Ocean" theme song ("Hey, little fishes, would you like to take a swim with me...") while interviewing the top FARC commander. I'm such a poser journalist.

4 comments:

  1. SERIOUSLY!!! I can't stand it, she's so cute! i can't wait for our girls to meet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big is beautiful.Ask the Plus size models.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh how i heart this fat girl! she is so adorable.... hope the move went well to your vacation home. and all is well. so glad you and the riv and harpface are well and enjoying life... and so enjoy the children's songs in your head.. they will be there for years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHHH!!! She and Channing are meant to be! AH! I love it! He is an avid Baby Einstein watcher. He is the busies kid always on the move! But when we put on "Thee" Einstein we have a totally calm baby that is so content! He and Harper's first date can be a show. :)

    Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete