Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Raynors

Tonight Harper, Simone, me and Dave watched Lilo and Stitch huddled around Simone's MacBook eating stove-top prepared popcorn. It made me miss Hawaii. It also made me miss the wonderful Raynor family. Today, out of nowhere Harper sighed nostalgically and said "I love Parker". My eyes welled with tears. It's hard to think that our time in Hawaii has come to an end. Harper and Parker have truly been more inseparable than any two year old best friends could be. They've gone from boozing babies to beach babes.
On more than one occasion, we've watched Parker lean over and tell Harper "I best friend" (which we assume translates to "You're my best friend"), or witnessed Harper put her arm around Parker to say "I miss you Parker". We've even walked into a room while they were watch a movie together, to find Parker's head on Harper's lap while she gently stroked her friends' hair.
And just as compatible as Harper and Parker are, me and Lindsay have grown to be each other's other half in a way that's as extreme as it gets before crossing the line to lesbianism. It's a platonic love, but one so deep that I can't imagine living a normal life without her. Ok, maybe we're gay for each other. But only emotionally.
Yeeaaah I guess the bathrobe photo is a bit suspicious. That picture is from a girls' day that will have to be a blog post of its own. Let's just say it started with a groupon for a spa day and turned into a Vietnamese nudist bathhouse. Again, another post for another day... So to quell my own nostalgia and to make use of all these great Harper n Parker photos that have just been sitting idly in a folder on my desktop, I'm going to barrage this post with cute photos of the duo. I might cry as I do.
And of course this post wouldn't be complete without an honorable and much deserved shout-out to Matty, who let me steal his wife away from him on many a Friday and Saturday to escape the shackles of Laie and stresses of motherhood. I miss you guys.

5 comments:

  1. what a heartfelt,adorable tribute to a wonderful family.I miss them all too. I felt like Parker was my little grandaughter too-and she calls me Nanny! So so sweet. You have a loyal friend there Steph-one you will have forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh steph... parker just came out from her nap to find me bawling at the kitchen table. she's looking more than a little worried.
    love you, miss you, counting down the days til i get to see your face again!
    -L

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhhh this is ridiculously cute, steph. they are totally best friends. for always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Steph and Rivers! Erin and I are jealous of all of you guys, living in tropical parts of the world! And we gotta say, we saw firsthand how inseparable Parker and Harper were. It was awesome. Hope you guys are loving Brazil! Erin and I just had our second baby, so I am currently living in the blog world, hence why I came across yours. We just might have to add a link to your blog from ours, if its OK with you... :)

    -Kyle Shannon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on little baby Simon! I know all about the way life gets with a newborn, trapped inside with nothing but the good ol' internets to keep you feeling connected to humankind... Glad you found our blog again! And yes, please link it :)

      Delete