Wednesday, October 20, 2010

When you wish upon a star...

My birthday was the best birthday of all the birthdays because some of my wildest dreams came true.

It started with a nice, late 7:30 wake-up thanks to Harper's intuitive ability to know one of my main birthday wishes: sleep. This late morning rousal was followed by a gourmet, homemade breakfast created by my Executive Chef Thomas Rivers Puzey, which consisted of cinnamon roll french toast topped with caramalized apples, candied almonds and crushed bacon bits. Ummmm... yeah. Delicious. After finishing this low calorie meal, Rivers ordered me to check my email. Strange, I thought, but did as he said nonetheless. Here's the message I found :

Dear Steph,

Good morning. In a short time Lindsay is going to come over and take you on an outing for the day. Your directions are as follows. Enjoy all the rockstar you want. Lay out on the beach and dont worry about babies. Take Lindsay out for lunch at the place of your choosing (no annoying husband to embarrass you). Go shoping for all the things you dont need but want (power belts and stuff) at the place of your choosing, Target, Forever 21, Ross dress for less Etc. Your budget: $100.

Remember I love you and dont worry about Harper.

Be home for dinner,

Rivs


Now does that sound like a birthday or what??? Usually for Rivers birthday, I think of something that we can both enjoy (or mostly something I can enjoy, and hope he will too.) This birthday, Rivers was truly selfless by letting me do the things I love, but can't easily do with a baby.

It...was...awesome. Me and my ladies drove to Pearlridge mall and shopped it up, movied it up, and ate it up. It was a much-needed selfish day filled with overspending, overeating and lots of laughs. Oh-makeupless-one Rachel even let us cake some dramatic smokiness on her eyes. No one had a camera, but I was able to snap a few pics on my cell phone.

Lindsay can attest to the fact that I acted like a mad woman at each and every retail store, trying on the most outrageous outfits, including bloomers, risque cocktail dresses and deathly high stilhettos.

Then at night, Rivs took me out for a delicious dinner.

It was a great day.





1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful husband you have! The bar has now been set!!!
    In the last photo--where on earth were you? It looks like a life boat for some reason! You didnt leave the island,did you??

    ReplyDelete